Local Attractions & Things To Do
We want your stay to be as wonderful as possible. That’s why we have put together a complete list of things to do and see in the local area while you are here. Feel free to print this list to take with you. For activities at our RV park please visit “Things to do at our RV Park“.
- Tubing and Kayaking – Frio River / Garner State Park is located in Concan, TX only 60 minutes away from the resort.
- Boating/Canoeing/Fishing – Medina Lake , Medina, TX / 45 minutes North of Castroville
Directions: 471 north to 1283, then to Park Rd. 37 Another great place is Paradise Canyon – 2222 Country Road 2615, Rio Medina, Texas 78066, (830) 751-9911
For more than 50 years Paradise Canyon has offered a little piece of Heaven on the Medina River. Relax, swim, picnic, camp, fish, laugh & enjoy.
- Horseback Riding – T-Slash Bar Ranch / 13901 US-90, San Antonio, TX
Enjoy over 500 acres of land with riding trails. Only 17 minutes from the resort off Hwy 90 East
- Hiking Trail – Cross Hill / 816 Alsace Street,
Take a hike up to cross hill and see beautiful breathtaking views, relax & reflect on nature. Excellent view of Castroville and the park and many hiking trails to choose from.
- South Texas Maize – thru November / 911 US Hwy 90 E, Hondo, Texas, (830) 741-3968
A great family experience with food and fun for all! Picnic Area – Barrel Train – Farm Animals – Rubber Duck Races – Tube Slides – Goat Walk – Hay Pyramid
- Year Round Volksmarch / 10km/5km Walks Starts at Sammy’s Restaurant, 202 U.S. Hwy 90 Daily from Dawn to Dusk. A noncompetitive walk, jog or run at your own pace. It is open to all and families are encouraged to participate.
- Alsatian Golf Club – Hours: M-Sun 7am – 7pm / 1339 CR 4516 (830) 931-3100 – Located next to Alsatian resort. 18 hole championship golf course featuring distance wedge game range, full size driving range, practice bunkers, three level putting green, and a pre-round putting green
- Vines on the Rocks – open Thurs-Sun 12pm-6pm / 830-741-9292 Wine, Food, Souvenirs, Jewelry
- Medina River Winery – Coming Soon
- Haby’s Alsatian Bakery / 202 Hwy 90 East (830) 931-2118
Pick up some delicious treats from Castroville’s famous Alsatian Bakery. They specialize in homemade bread, pastries, cakes, pies & cookies.
- Dzuik Meat Market / 608 US-90, (830) 538-3082 – Proudly serving quality cuts of meat, delicious dried meats, beef jerkies, salami and Alsatian sausage since 1975.
- Rio Medina General Store / 3980 FM 471 N Rio Medina, TX ph (830) 538-2441
- The Old Country Store – 416 Paris / 830-931-2479 clothing, gifts, custom designs & embroidery.
- Taste Elevated – 405 Highway 90 W / 210-617-6554 / Specialty spreads and chutneys is our passion and delivering them fresh to your kitchen with special seasoning and flavors.
- Castroville Garden Club, Tours of Historic Castroville (830) 931-2262
Enjoy a scenic walking tour by the many historic Alsatian style homes and buildings. Minimum of 15 persons per tour.
- Castroville Historic Walking Tour / Over 50 homes and historic structures originally built in the mid to late 1800s.
- The Steinbach House / 100 Karm St. 830-538-9838
The Steinbach House is available for viewing on Monday 9 am–2 pm; Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9 am–5 pm; Saturday 10 am–4 pm; and Sunday 11 am–3 pm.
- Love Creek Orchards – 13495 State Hwy 16 North Medina, TX 78055 830-589-2588, 1 hour drive from the resort. 11 varieties of apples along with apple pies, other baked apple goodies, gourmet apple jams, jellies and sauces.
- The Haunted Trails of Castroville – (210) 689-3063
During the tour, you will visit ten of the most haunted places in Castroville and learn about their history, whom and what haunts these buildings and why ghosts prefer to stay.
Parks & Museums
- Garner State Park – Concan, TX, 60 minute drive
- Cross Hill – 816 Alsace St. Park with hiking trail which you can walk up to Cross Hill to enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of Castroville.
- Medina County Museum – 2202 18th St., Hondo, Texas
The Medina County Museum has over 2,000 items on display portraying the frontier beginnings of Medina County.
- Castroville Regional Park – 816 Alsace St. w (830) 931-0033
Enjoy outdoor activities along the Medina River such as swimming, hiking, tennis courts, volleyball and covered picnic areas.
- Saturday Farmers Market – . July 11 the through October 2nd 10am-2pm / Ph. 830.538.5079
Enjoy a farmer’s market at participating stores…more information to come
- Castroville Market Days 2nd Saturday in March, June, & September in Houston Square (830) 538-3142 They will have Food, Craft, Produce Booths / 9am-4pm
- Friday Night Fever / Castroville Chevrolet, 1955 Hwy 90 East (830) 931-2479
2nd Friday of every month all year round from 6pm-10pm
Come enjoy an evening of cars, trucks, bikes, food, shopping and live entertainment!
- Old Fashioned Christmas – Houston Square, first weekend in December (830) 538-3142
Visit one of the largest arts and crafts shows in this part of Texas. Over 250 booths feature Christmas crafts, wood work, handmade jewelry, candles, crocheted items and so much more.
For more activities and things to do without leaving our RV park please visit “Things to do at our RV Park“.